Prev: Re: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven Next: Re: FT Novels

Re: SGII Scenarios?

From: She stands on things I can't understand <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 13:01:15 -0400
Subject: Re: SGII Scenarios?

>> That's the problem with the Net: no one standard is there beyond
basic
>> ascii.  :-/
>
>Sure there is, or haven't you paid attention?

I've been paying attention.

>HTML is accessible across
>almost every single platform in existance (ASCII markup formats are
easily
>filtered).

If you want to view what the HTML file is, you need a browser. Not
everyone
has browsers (hell, not everyone is on the net, for that matter; though,
granted, they are slowly becoming minority). I only have real web-access
through work. Not from home (note: web-access and net-access are two
different
critters; if I am touched with a bit of patience, I can LYNX out onto
the
web from home - but at 2400bd it's not something i do a lot!).

And HTML is written in ascii.

>That gives you font sizes and colours if you want.

Again, *if* you're doing web-stuff. And *if* you've got a browser that
deals with graphis (eg, LYNX doesn't).

>If you
>need to embed graphics, you can use 'tar' to create an archive with the
>HTML and (preferably) JPEG images collected together, compressed by
GZIP.
>All of the above formats are supported on every platform I'm familliar
>with in freeware, UNIX, WinNT/95 and Mac.

I note you don't include VMS in there.	;-) ;-)   (just fyi, certain
releases
of VMS *just* got GZIP capabilities, but there are still a lot of
versions out
there w/out - unless we're *way* behind the times here at work!!)

And as far as the post Owen made earlier, I'm stuck in the same boat
with
Jeremy; I have no way of reading it, either.

Mk
-
"Ya know...this was supposed to be my weekend off. But nooo-o-o-ooo. You
got me draggin' yo' heavy ass...through the burnin' desert, wich yer
dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down
here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad...AND WHAT THE HELL IS
THAT
SMELL?!? RAAAR!!! I coulda been in a barbecue!! But I ain't mad...is
alright.
It's alllright..."

Prev: Re: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven Next: Re: FT Novels