Prev: Re: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven Next: Re: SGII Scenarios?

Re: SGII Scenarios?

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@z...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 10:51:38 -0400
Subject: Re: SGII Scenarios?

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, She stands on things I can't understand wrote:

> That's the problem with the Net: no one standard is there beyond basic
> ascii.  :-/

Sure there is, or haven't you paid attention?  HTML is accessible across
almost every single platform in existance (ASCII markup formats are
easily
filtered).  That gives you font sizes and colours if you want.	If you
need to embed graphics, you can use 'tar' to create an archive with the
HTML and (preferably) JPEG images collected together, compressed by
GZIP.
All of the above formats are supported on every platform I'm familliar
with in freeware, UNIX, WinNT/95 and Mac.

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: Re: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven Next: Re: SGII Scenarios?