Prev: Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply Next: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

Re: Honor Harrington Question?

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 16:14:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Honor Harrington Question?

campbelr@pop3.kunsan.af.mil wrote:

> Actually, merchant and non-warships are spindle shaped, (narrowing
> down to the Impeller rings) while warships are double ended hammer
> heads, containing the bow and stern chaser armements.
> (according to a conversation with Dave I remember)
> Randy

I will have to dig out the books, (I don't have them here) with regards
the passages I read describing the ships, but so far, this sounds like
what
I've read.  (and this is to everyone commenting of HH ships, not just
Randy.)

Randy, you've actually talked to David Weber?  Hmmmm, I had a point to
make
with him, you'd think he'd listen to me?  Something he overlooked, and
that
something would be a tactic Honor would use.....

Regarding HH book covers; yeah right, you're going to base ship design
on
some artist's painting?  Someone who might have just skimmed the book?
So
far, the only cover I've seen that I liked and felt was a good
representation
of Honor was the cover of Flag In Exile.  Honor Among Enemies was one of
the
WORST depictions; didn't look anything like her, and the ship was, in my

opinion, all wrong.

After thinking about it, I see the warships as being similar to two Star

Destroyers from Star Wars being attached butt-to-butt.	Knock off the
bridge
portion, and leave the smooth, angular mass, and that's it.

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply Next: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.