Prev: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels Next: FT Novels

Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:37:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

><snippity snip snip>
>
> >"Why can't we do something similar with the Full Thrust universe."
>
>Could we at least consider changing the name a bit?  As it is, I get
some
>strange looks when, after being asked about any plans Tuesday night, I
tell
>people I'm going out with the guys to play some Full Thrust.  I'm got a
>feeling that if a series of titles was published with the masthead
saying
>"Full Thrust!" that the books would notbe shelved in the Science
Fiction area.

>BTW:  I remember not too long ago someone in this list had mentioned
doing a
>surface navy set of rules and was calling it "Wet Thrust".  Well ...
that one
>I'm not going to touch with a ten foot pole [or eighteen inch one for
that
>matter].
>
>Lastly, I'm a somewhat new subscriber/reader of this list so I'm not
sure
>what has been covered in the past, but do members on this list also
discuss
>the history, events, etc. of the FT: Universe?
>
>John M. Huber

There is a story behind the title: originally (back in 1990/91) the game
was to be called something horribly mundane like "Grand Fleet" or
similar.... then a good friend of mine said to me "that's not snappy
enough"; I said "well, how about "FULL THRUST" then?" His response was,
"you wouldn't dare..". So we did.
The rest, as they say, is history.... :)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels Next: FT Novels