Prev: Assault Carriers. Next: Re: FTL capable fighters

FTL capable fighters

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 08:16:00 -0400
Subject: FTL capable fighters

At 02:29 AM 7/9/97 -0400, valen wrote:

>and while were thinking on the costs of an external fighter racks, has
>anyone thought of the point costs and balancing issues for FTL capable
>fighters (as seen in star wars)

	From FT3 notes we now know that a fighter is Mass 1 (Bays are
Mass 9 for 6
fighters).  Therefore, just do the FTL costs for a Mass 1 vessel.
However,
a fighter must have a bay somewhere (1 jump away),  therefore, for a
scenario they must either have an empty bay on the board or pay for one
off
the board.  This cost should include the 12 Mass (MT) or 18 Mass (FT3)
of
infrastructure the base station needs to support the bay.

Prev: Assault Carriers. Next: Re: FTL capable fighters