Prev: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels Next: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 04:21:29 -0400
Subject: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

[snip]

>Perhaps the answer lies in a collection of short stories, or even a
couple
>of novellas, bound together in the one volume. Maybe even bundled with
the
>next supplement - I know people are going to object to that! - to
ensure
>some sales.
>
>Just a thought.
>
>---
>Jeremy M. Sadler
>sadlerj@ocean.com.au
>Design Editor - Frontier: The Australian Science Fiction Media Magazine

If we ever managed to get a "proper" FT fiction book published (I mean
for
the book market, not just the gamers, like the Weber/STARFIRE stuff), I
reckon the best way would be basically as you suggest - a "shared world
anthology" style of book with plenty of short stories and novelettes.
This
way, the individual authors would be free to explore the more minor,
quirky
aspects of the FT "universe" - even humourously if they wish - rather
than
having to take the "big picture" approach that a full novel might be
forced
into. As mentioned, I already know several good published UK writers
who,
though they could not fit a full novel into their schedules, could
easily
be prodded into doing us a short or two.

This is definitely a subject for further discussion and thought....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels Next: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels