Prev: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels Next: Re: B5 Fifth Season

Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <sadlerj@z...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 17:38:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

> >	   Recently I had a chance to pick up a copy of the new
Weber/White
> >Starfire novel (On Death Ground).  While leafing through it I was
> >wondering "Why can't we do something similar with the Full Thrust
> >universe."  I mean, your offical universe is full of war, intrique,
and
> >oppertunities for epic storytelling.  Have you considered the idea of
> >coming out with a series of novels?
> Yes, Mark, it is something we have often considered and would dearly
love
> to do - I certainly know enough professional SF writers over here that
like
> and play FT and would love to do something. As always, the problem is
money
> - it is not viable in "mainstream book" publishing terms unless we can
> interest an established publisher. Of course, printing small-press
fiction
> for the games market IS possible if I get some good stuff!

Perhaps the answer lies in a collection of short stories, or even a
couple
of novellas, bound together in the one volume. Maybe even bundled with
the
next supplement - I know people are going to object to that! - to ensure
some sales.

Just a thought.

---
Jeremy M. Sadler
sadlerj@ocean.com.au
Design Editor - Frontier: The Australian Science Fiction Media Magazine

Prev: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels Next: Re: B5 Fifth Season