Prev: SGII scale Next: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

Re: Be gentle...

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 15:04:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Be gentle...

>	  So far I've played with the core rules, basic fighter stuff
and
> the KV ships. Any tactical suggestions when fighting the KV?
Especially
> the scatter guns?

Rod, the best thing I've found to handle scatterguns is try to stay out
of
the way.  The next best, (and this is inhuman from a real life POV) is
send fighter squads and small escorts in to force them to use them up.
KV
ships tend to be unpredictable in movement;  best thing I've found to
counteract them are superdestroyers (three B guns, and harder to kill)
and
heavy cruisers; last bout I had with my friends, the only thing that
saved
our butts was one of my heavy CAs was unscathed in the last rounds; with
few lucky shots that forced the remaining KV ships to roll thresholds,
one
lost its last Fire Control, and the other two lost thrust control.  The
first
one was finally bagged, and the other two left the table cruising at 20+

units.	(looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a carp....)

>	  I'd be glad to pass on any help I can concerning
scratchbuilding
> ships and terrain. And I'd be glad for any insights any of you could
> provide.

I've been building up a fleet using as little money as possible (not
poor,
just a skin-flint).   So far, by best ideas have been carving balsa with
an
x-acto and Dremel into what I want, and possibly buying old Axis &
Allies
game pieces and doing a "cut, patch, sand, and glue" number on them to
make
star ships.  Haven't done so yet (can't find A&A at flea markets; they
were
there a month ago!!!), but I have some mock-ups drawn up; looks do-able.
 Do
you have any suggestions?

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: SGII scale Next: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.