Prev: Re: SG II Questions Next: RE: SG II Questions

Re: SG II Questions

From: "Joseph A. Noll" <u1b03926@m...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:35:29 -0400
Subject: Re: SG II Questions

At 12:19 AM 7/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a few questions that have been bugging me a little and some
players a
>lot...
>
>1.  A unit being close assaulted is suppressed.  Am I missing
something?
>Suppression does not modify close combat. Why? I would thing it would
"at
>least" be a die shift...
Jerry I think we've been over this, at the gaming group.  Suppressed in
SGII
seems to mean that the troops are keeping thier heads down and are
finding
cover (even in open ground).  This curtails thier ability to return
effective fire but it does not keep them from fighting in close combat
or
Hand to Hand.  In fact I think that the unit that is suppressed may be
at a
slim advantage, because they have found some little bit of dirt to hide
behind.  I have to agree with Jon that suppression would have no effect
on
the resoultion of close combat.

>2.  Unit being close assaulted fails its Confidence test and withdraws
6".
>The unit close assaulting rolls enough move to still contact the
withdrawing
>unit. Do they still engage in close combat or does the unit assaulting
stop
>at the defenders original position and then overrun/follow through?

It think that they are able to engage in Close Combat.

>3.  Do you have to treat wounded BEFORE you move them?
Good question, but I don't think you have to.  At least they don't in
the
movies 8-)

>4.  Why can't Shaken and Broken units retreat to cover even while
>suppressed, but maintain suppression?	Perhaps a reaction test with a
TL
>equal to the number of suppression numbers on the unit?

I think for the same reason CO or ST units can't move under suppression.
They are too busy finding cover or geting aquainted with Terra Firma.
Also
it would be really hard to get SH or BR troops to even listen to the
Sgt. or
Cpl. or anybody enough to retreat under fire.

Joe.
JNoll
"Microbiologist by training,....Wargamer by choice"

Prev: Re: SG II Questions Next: RE: SG II Questions