Prev: Re: Cheap Figs.... Next: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

Re: Fw: Just wondering.....(KV vs Fighters)

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:12:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Just wondering.....(KV vs Fighters)

At 10:29 PM 7/1/97 -0700, Jeff Shoffner wrote:
> KV attack v. "The Tin-Can Brigade."  Sure, I'd
>lose a number of ships, but a lot of destroyers will overwhelm a decent
sized
>fleet; I proved it to my opponent on at least one occasion.

	If you use the relatively inexpensive maneuverability of a
Destroyer
Squadron against the KVs you can defeat them.  I did it with a
combination
of missile Destroyers (4 each) and Heavy Destroyers (A Batteries with
three
arcs).	The EMP missiles were very effective since armor does not affect
them.
	Phil P.

Prev: Re: Cheap Figs.... Next: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2