Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Re: FT & DSII - Tournament ideas

Re: Just wondering.....

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 03:42:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Just wondering.....

>> The fundamental problem with the KV was that they were originally
devised

>> ii) DELETE the anti-ship capability from the KV scatterguns, and use
them
>> simply as an antifighter weapon (which is what they were designed
for).

>I have discovered a glaringly obvious weakness in the KV ships, but not
sure
>if my theory would work.  Except for the scatterguns, the KV have no
PDS or
>ADS.  So my thinking is you send in your escorts and a few fighters,
make
>them waste their scatterguns on those ships, then send out your main
attack
>wave of fighters to kill them.  Sounds a bit wasteful on the escort
ships,
>but it just might work.
>

>Jeff Shoffner

The scattergun was always meant to be the KV replacement for PDAF/ADAF -
their power is offset by their one-shot nature. They only become
seriously
unbalanced when people start using them as an anti-ship weapon, which is
why we suggested restricting them in this.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Re: FT & DSII - Tournament ideas