Prev: A small step Next: Re: A small step

Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

From: osiris.1@i...
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 18:07:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

On 07/03/97 23:15:58 Ben wrote:

>I think you need to take Hollywood with a grain of salt.  Take it as an
>action movie and not as a testament to a great book.  I wouldn't go to
see
>this movie to see a translation of ST-

I agree completely. I enjoyed the book, but I don't think a theatrical
version would be anything spectacular. Try "Full Metal Jacket" for
something
closer to  "ST": that seems to weigh in more on the inner-workings of
the
boot camp mind. As for Heinlein's half-baked philosophy, that is
powerful
enough to hold a good movie together. As Sony reps said after a preview
of
it several months ago: add more bugs!

:)

Christopher

Prev: A small step Next: Re: A small step