Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Was Re: Suddenly unsubscribed

GC meets SG/DF

From: Phillip Atcliffe <P-ATCLIFFE@w...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 05:43:04 -0400
Subject: GC meets SG/DF

Oerjan and Jon T said:

>>>But what about a brown-haired female Commander (or Telepath, for that
matter), less uniform? Of course, the 'path would need black gloves <g>
 Ah well. I can dream, can't I... <<<

>> You DO know you can buy these (Ivanova certainly, not sure about
Talia
or Lyta yet) as 1/8 scale resin figures, don't you? <<

> 1/8, yes. But they're a bit too big to use with my other wargaming
minis ;) <

Unless you do Attack of the 50-Foot Woman a la SG2 -- or The Commander
Who Ate Sheboygan with DS2... B-)

Which reminds me of a story that Craig Taylor (? I can't remember his
name --
anyway, the other half of Battleline/Yaquinto with Steve Peek) used to
tell:
apparently, he once knew an "otherwise normal" miniatures gamer who had
collection of camp follower minis. After every game, he would choose a
unit that
had done the best on the day and "reward" it by putting the "women" in
the
storage box with the "troops" One is reminded of the origin of the word
cockpit
for part of a ship...

Phil, official, GZG-approved pervert to this list (um... thanks, Jon?)