Prev: RE: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes Next: RE: Optimization ( was Re: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes )

RE: What is a 'Rotary Action' S.A.W.?

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 18:13:08 -0400
Subject: RE: What is a 'Rotary Action' S.A.W.?

	Below is Bruce's comments about the Fire Team firepower. Sorry,
but the Fire Team consists of 1 SAW and 2 Riflemen.
	These would be used as a DETACHMENT. The Section Firepower is
actually 7 x 2 =14 (d12) and 2 SAW @ d8. And of
	course you can always fire one or two IAVR ; the section carries
about 6 of these at d8 each PLUS the quality dice!!!!!!

I gave the OU section a LOT of careful thought based on a lot of years
experience in the Infantry and the result I think is pretty balanced.
Remember the OU PL HQ is not an 8 man fighting unit like other nations.
4 men with rifles. They command.

	>I have been giving a little thought to the Oceanic troops that
are just
	>being put out, and the suggestion that the Saw carried by the
squad gunner
	>is a d8 fire power conventional Saw. With the small fire teams
proposed (3
	>rifle men @ 2 fp=d6, 1 saw gunner) you are going to have to get
pretty
	>close when compared to other published toe's which seem to
generally
	>feature a fp d12 for the squad plus a d10 or so Saw (perhaps I
am being
	>spoilt by the NSL & FSE troops we usually play with).

	Hey, these are generic rules, bend it and see what shape it
comes out.

	Owen Glover

Prev: RE: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes Next: RE: Optimization ( was Re: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes )