Prev: "Standard" FT ships Next: Re: What is a 'Rotary Action' S.A.W.?

Re: "Standard" FT ships

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 13:25:53 -0400
Subject: Re: "Standard" FT ships

Michael Hodgson  wrote:
>	I hessitate to use such a phrase as "Standard" on this list :)
>,but here I'm refering to the "official" FT background.  Do ships from
the
>NAC, ESU etc. have templates drawn out anywhere, or is this something
that
>has been left to the player to determine?
>
>	Assuming the latter - has anyone done it? and if so can I get a
>look at them.	I enjoy designing ships, but always find I get drawn
asside
>into considering new rules etc....  At the moment I don't have the time
>do that :)

Well, the alien races are pretty well represented in the books.  For
human
fleets, Jon Tuffley has been working on making a fleet book with basic
designs as you mentioned per fleet.  At the moment it's pretty much your
own
ideas.	There are some good designs on the Unofficial FT Web site as
well as
other FT related links that you may want to try.

Here's some criteria for weapons and thrust that I use to design my GZG
fleets.  A lot of this is based on the miniature's design.

NAC: Beam and Pulse torpedoes.	Moderate thrust.
ESU: Heavy use of beam weapons including AA Mega-batteries on BB, BDN,
and
     CVL ships with wing tip weapon pods.  Moderate thrust.
NSL: Heavy use of missiles.  Low thrust.
FSE: Heavy use of standard beam weapons.  High thrust.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: "Standard" FT ships Next: Re: What is a 'Rotary Action' S.A.W.?