Prev: Re: GZG Civilian Minis... Next: Re:

Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes

From: "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee@w...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 05:35:31 -0400
Subject: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes

I am still waiting for my first patrol of Oceanic bikes to come in.....

On the subject of Grav Bikes - size-1, armour- 1, all vehicles get a
s.a.w.
for free. Other things to consider is their role - in most modern armies
'cavalry; units are recon/light strike units and usually have the best
sensors that can be obtained, anong with whatever stealth systems are
available. As to the possibilities for additional armaments:

Troopers - 2nd s.a.w ( or more - say up to 4 total? - there are 5 spaces
available - all fixed forwards)

Support weapon -

Well a size 1 vehicle has 5 spaces for weapons beyond its free SAW, so a
GSM-L (or 2) should fit as it takes only 2 spaces and a GSM-H only takes
4
spaces - from a modelling/p.s.b point, the actual missile could be quite
small - think of the size of the standard infantry launcher which has
3-4
rounds already loaded - and as the missile is air launched it would not
require as big a motor unit, just a 'sustainer'.

If you were really sick you could fit 4 infantry sized launchers ( at 1
space each as per SGII page 32 para 4) in addition to the fixed Saw, you
just have to gift one target with the lot or have 4 x 3 (or 4) shots
over
the course of the game......

As for other heavy weapons, again, once you have paid for the big,
hi-tech
power plant to run the gravitic drive, there should be sufficient power
charge a laser even if it has to rely on a capacitor bank to pump the
tube
exciters. Hel's also have the advantage of no expendable munitions at
all,
and as a spinal mount you should be able to shoe-horn at least a HEL- 2
in
as well as the Saw. Everything else has to lug around expendable weight
-
GAC's & MDC's are probably the next lightest, followed by DFFG's ( ammo
and
tube are probably fairly heavy), and most weapons would also generate
considerable recoil - except for the GSM's and HEL's.

just a few thoughts until I get my hands on the models....

Bruce S. R. Lee

Prev: Re: GZG Civilian Minis... Next: Re: