Prev: Re: Names Next: SF Mini Manufacturer List

Re: Just wondering.....

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 22:30:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Just wondering.....

> > i) allow the pulse torps to ignore the armour, as the advantage
against
> > beams is really enough for the KV;
>
> So, the vanilla ruling would that armor does help against PTs.
> Exactly how? Subtract from the damage roll?

The way we've been playing it is the armour subtracts one point for
every
armour level, with the minimum damage being 1.	e.g:  attacking a Cap
ship
with level 2 armour would mean that a pulse torp. would do 1-4 points of

damage with a 50% chance of only doing 1 point.

> Pointswise, I could see this as "the valiant few vs. the screaming
> hordes" or "the oppressed masses vs. the evil overlords" (take your
> pick) type of battle.

Don't hastily count out the "screaming hordes" theory.	One "messing
around
battle" I've had, I wanted to see what 2000 point fleet of destroyers
would
do against a 2000 point of a normal fleet (Light Carrier, Dreadnought,
etc.);
my friend killed five of my destroyers (out of 21) and I wiped him off
the
table.	Needless to say, he was not happy at my choice of ships.  (Kept
claiming it wasn't legal because FT campaign rules limit escorts to 50%
of
the total number of ships.  I contend that if my fleet was THAT
effective,
then most likely the governments would most likely have a LOT of small
ships
with a few big guns, but I digress)

I wonder what my horde of destroyers would do against the KV?  Maybe
there's
a lesson to be learned.....

Jeff SHoffner

Prev: Re: Names Next: SF Mini Manufacturer List