Prev: Re: Re: Eureka does more figures Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] UPDATE & FALLOUT

Just wondering.....

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 01:25:51 -0400
Subject: Just wondering.....

Do yall only talk about figurines, or is it just me; just wondering.  I
guess you leave the gameplay to some other website or something, but
I'll ask
what are probably old questions;  couldn't find any helpful FT FAQs.....

Why are the Kra'Vak so damned powerful?  We played a little Two on One
fight
with the USes using 1200 points apiece and the THEMs using 2000; we got
our
BUTTS kicked!  Do they have ANY weakness????  Speaking of which, how
does
Pulse Torpedoes affect Kra'Vak armour in terms of damage sustained?

Also was wondering when an attacked ship should roll threshold checks;
immediately when crossed (ie: attacker is rolling five dice, first dice
causes defender to cross threshold, attacker continue to rolls AFTER
defender
checks thresholds) or after the attack is done.  Can make a big
difference,
especially when dealing with shielded ships....

Jon, I have a thought for you.	It always seems like whenever humans
encounter aliens, they're always bigger, stronger, and more deadlier
than us.
 How about....

..... "Captain, picking up alien vessel.  It is firing."
"Brace for impact!"   ::plink!	plink!::
"Damage, O'Brien?"
"Sir, we have sustained no damage.  As best as I can tell, their
munitions
just shattered off our hull."
"Reason?"
"Sir, best I can tell, the projectiles were nothing more than small,
snowball-like shots."
"Very well, open fire."
:::alien ship vaporizes:::
"What happened?"
"Sensors indicate the alien vessel was made of frozen water; they didn't
have
a chance, sir."

Anyway, you get the picture....

Prev: Re: Re: Eureka does more figures Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] UPDATE & FALLOUT