Prev: Re: figure sizes Next: Re: Attn: Aaron Teske

Those Spiky Things

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:02:10 -0400
Subject: Those Spiky Things

Well, I've almost finished painting my new Sa'vasku fleet which
found it's way to me last weekend (thanks Jon!), and I'm just
getting to the bit where I stick ship names on the bases, and
I'm stuck on a couple of big life shattering questions.

First off, which side of the base do I put the names? Do
Sa'vasku fly pointy bits foreward, or pointy bits aft? Some
look better forward, others don't. Is there an official take
on this, or is it just whatever the Sa'vasku feels like (I'm
starting to lean towards the latter)?

The second question is down to names. Has anyone started
naming a Sa'vasku fleet yet? I'm highly tempted to go for
alien-looking squiggles, though this could hamper identification
somewhat (circle-dot-twiddle-deformed-rabbit is firing on
the Victoria Louise).

Alternatively I could nip across to a certain-other-universe,
borrow their universal translator, and stick on some English
translations. For this I'm leaning towards using Culture-style
names (as in Iain M Banks). Things like "Peace is Not An Option"
or "Forever Seeking Solitude".

Anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: figure sizes Next: Re: Attn: Aaron Teske