Prev: Re: DS II Personal Walkers Next: Re: Re : Chits

Re[2]: Re : Chits

From: "Jon Holloway" <jholloway@c...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 03:21:42 -0400
Subject: Re[2]: Re : Chits

You obey lawful orders. You are trained to do your best to know what a
lawful
order is.  Blindly following orders is not USMC doctrine, sorry we are
not SS
troopers or NKVD. "I was just following orders" will not work in the
USMC,
doesn't matter if your officer is "challenged" or not. Any good NCO has
to train
his officers anyway.

Poor officers can and do get their men killed, and assault troops are
trained
to follow orders "normal" troop may balk at. But never think that just
because
an officer (especially in a small unit setting) issues a off the wall
order.
It will be followed. There are several legitimate ways to NOT follow
unlawful,
or foolish orders, or go around them. In the end it comes down to the
trust and
respect the men have for one another and their leaders (Espirt de
Corps).

I understand we are talking in gaming terms for the most part here . But
as I am
sure we all know. Games are not even really simulations of real life.
And the
best simulations/models I have ever seen fell short in	the small unit
(infantry
) area. And I never played a FUN game that was a simulation (in any kind
of a
serious way).

						   Semper Fi
						      Jon H.