Prev: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers Next: Re: B5 Wars Mini Images on the Web!

RE: Some Dirtside2 Questions

From: Brendan.ROBERTSON@E...
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 21:12:41 -0400
Subject: RE: Some Dirtside2 Questions

Some answers, as I understand them.

1) No idea, but a scatter for each Load would be realistic as no pilot
in their right mind would fly strait and level while their target was
shooting at them!
2) Yes they do attack the top armour of the target. (It's in the
Aerospace/VTOL design section on available weapons)
3) Not according to current rules, which is why you buy LAD/ADS systems.
4) Unknown, but Aerospace units are only on the board in their own
activation phase.
5) Can't help here, but do you want a target to roll 3 defensive dice?
6) As a suggestion, draw 1 chit per turn (cumulative) counting RED vs
Infantry & YELLOW vs Vehicles. (ie. 1 on 1st turn, 2 on the 2nd, 3 on
the third, etc)
7) No help here, but maybe disallow firing them when moving over 1/2
rate.  (ie. move slowly with cover, or move fast & get shot at.)
8) I use it on a Unit level.  A player moves the first vehicle &
opportunity is declared at an appropriate point.  The rest of the unit
is then arranged within normal coherency & opportunity fire is resolved.
 It works fairly simply & occasionally deadly. ;)
9) Hard one to call, I'd say that all elements would get to attack in
the close assault as it's fairly representative. Anyway, if you attacked
a large unit of infantry with only a small one, you've got to expect to
be wiped in return. :-)

>1) When an Aerospace fighter/bomber attacks with Deadfall ordance ....
>2) Are Aerospace fighters that fire direct fire weapons ......
>3) Can ground units fire back at Aerospace units with regular direct
fire
>4) If an Aerospace Unit is attacking a ground Unit, can the defending
>player use one of HIS fighters to attack the attacking Aerospace unit
as an
>Opportunity fire action?
>5) Is guided missile fire effected by defensive terrain modifiers .....
>6) Smoke: What is the effect of these flames ....
>7) Is firing a smoke discharger considered a firing action? ......
>8) Opportunity Fire: Is it made on an Element level or Unit level?
>9) Infantry Close Assaults: If a defender has 10 infantry Elements
>(organized into 5 squads) arranged in a line on a hill with 2" between
>squads and an attacker makes a close assault on that Unit can the
attacker
>"gang up" on just one defending squad (2 Elements in this case) or do
ALL