Prev: Re: OT: On a more personal note... Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

Re: Re : Chits

From: Alan Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 22:59:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Re : Chits

On 19 June Sprayform wrote:

>Soldiers  are _trained_ NOT to think and only obey orders .

Disagree.

> Initiative is a
> dangerous beast in the hand of the common grunt (No offence .mil
boys!)

Agree, especially to the enemy. Alas, it's rare, you have to teach
people to think for themselves. Which we do.

Oh, By the way, I can also be reached at abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au . That's
the Australian Defence Force Academy, where I teach part-time.

100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture

Prev: Re: OT: On a more personal note... Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)