Prev: Re: Re : Chits Next: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers

Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers

From: "Do. Or do not. There is no try." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 12:56:29 -0400
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers

>Is there a concise listing of modern and sci-fi miniatures
manufacturers
>out there?  As of right now, these are the ones I know of:

I think Tom G is putting together, or has put together, a webpage with
this information - and is looking for contributions! Such as your list.
:-)

[...]
>Any others?

Superior Models' Starfleet Wars is back out again, but so far only
through
special order through William Char/Game Masters that I know of. You can
view
what's available at:

    http://www.stellargames.com

I just got my 30-ship order today. I'm verra happy with them. I have
some
ships (mostly Terran) from ~15 years ago when they were first out (has
it
really been that long??) and they haven't changed (ie, I picked up a few
duplicates :). Nice detail, good size (my god the SGDs are HUGE!!!!!)

This isn't the 25mm stuff, nor 6mm - 1/300th scale stuff; this is more
FT scale.

Maybe if this goes well William will be able to start carrying the
MAATAC
line of tanks again (which I'd like to see; never saw 'em before)

>BTW, 1/300th is the same as 6mm, right?

I think so, yeah.

>Also, where do you guys buy your mini's?  It's very hard for me to get
>GZG stuff here in Minneapolis, and it is also very expensive (even
>if it is priced competitively at 3 minis for $6.00, that still adds up
>$12.00 per 6 man squad...).  I've seen the one .sig in the list, but
are there
>any other discount shops like that on the internet?

I get the bulk of my stuff either through mail-order (via friends :) hi
jim!)
or through The Armory, a local gameshop and games warehouse/distributor.
This is mostly starship minis and Future Wars tanks, btw. I'm only
slowly
breaking into 25mm stuff.

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: Re: Re : Chits Next: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers