Prev: Re: B5 Wars Mini Images on the Web! Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

RE: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:32:47 -0400
Subject: RE: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

>I know for starters you should probably soak them in warm water with
>detergent to remove the residues from the resin. Painting can be a
>problem too. I would recommend a base coat of an enamel (the Citadel
>Sprays are good) although I used an oil base Humbrol personally. Then
>acryllics on top. For glue I use plain old SuperGlue (that's the brand
>name here).
>
>Anyone remember the chemical nomenclature? I'm sure it is a cyanic
base.

Super glue is cyanoacrylate glue.  I also use this for my resins.

For undercoating I use car spray primer. I use this because it is
significantly cheaper than 'model' paint and it provides a good rough
(in
paint terms anyway) surface to paint acrylics onto.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray
Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461
Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: B5 Wars Mini Images on the Web! Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)