Prev: Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies) Next: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers

Re: List of Spaceship Miniatures and Games

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 03:40:33 -0400
Subject: Re: List of Spaceship Miniatures and Games

>I was speaking with a friend at the mail order desk with that other
>company based in the UK which most people love to hate, I won't say the
>name. I was getting a large number of flight stands for mounting ships.
>The end result of the discussion was a company name 'Pendraken Figures'
>and a line of spaceship miniatures 'Space Dreadnought 3000'.
>
>The company as I understand it is based in North Yorkshire in the UK.
>Only problem is that I don't have any other information. Has anyone
seen
>any of the spaceships? I was told the line was quite extensive but no
>indication of the sizes or detail levels.
>
>Thats all the info I have but maybe our UK list members can give Tom so
>more information about the product line.
>
>Jim Bell
>jnbell@istar.ca

Jim -
Don't have an address for Pendraken to hand, but have seen them plenty
of
times at the shows. Their ship range consists of 5 or 6 fleets, with
about
5 classes in each - around FT size, from destroyers up to big stuff.
Prices
are fairly cheap, but the models vary widely in design and quality - a
couple of the fleets are very nice, others much less so. They don't do
anything in the way of rules, and the ships are obviously designed to
sell
to FT players. Detail level is low/moderate - some of the designs are
quite
plain, but they are attractive in their own way; nice if well painted.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies) Next: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers