Prev: Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies) Next: Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 22:48:21 -0400
Subject: Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

At 08:39 PM 6/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Okay, so I finally have seen/located/*bought* some resin vehicles.
>The local games warehouse is finally now carrying them (woo!) and
>I'm now the proud owner of two (2) 25mm Wombat APCs.

>Question is...what kinds of glues are best for these things? I toyed
>with getting one or two of the other vehicles, but they were in
>pieces parts, and...well...I'm not sure the best glue for them. The
>epoxy I use now is awesome stuff (when I get the mixture right) but
>is a mess and I can only do small quantities of minis at a time.

I just got done painting two resin vehicles--the wheeled tank with the
laser
turrent, and the big 6 wheeled APC.  I used superglue, plain and simple,
put 'em together.  It works very well bonding resin to resin, but less
well
holding metal to resin.  You might want to use epoxy for the metal bits.

>Painting the resins. What's the best way to paint these guys? I have
>a couple of hexagonal pieces from the 'firebase' I picked up a while
>back (no assembly req'd :) and painted them...only to find the paint
>is now flecking away.	:-(  (okay, so I didn't put a top coat on...)

	Wash them in soap and water, and scrub them--an old toothbrush
works
well.  After that, spraypaint them (I usually use something vaguely
similar
to the color I want to paint the vehicle--Olive Green, in this case).
Then
paint them as normal.  The spraypaint will stick very well--I just use
Testor's Model Master colors--and acrylic paint goes on quite well over
top
of it.	When it's all done, I dullcoat the result, and have had no
problems
since.

Good luck, and I hope that this helps....

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies) Next: Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)