Prev: RE: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies) Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

From: "Do. Or do not. There is no try." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 21:39:46 -0400
Subject: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

Okay, so I finally have seen/located/*bought* some resin vehicles.
The local games warehouse is finally now carrying them (woo!) and
I'm now the proud owner of two (2) 25mm Wombat APCs.

Question is...what kinds of glues are best for these things? I toyed
with getting one or two of the other vehicles, but they were in
pieces parts, and...well...I'm not sure the best glue for them. The
epoxy I use now is awesome stuff (when I get the mixture right) but
is a mess and I can only do small quantities of minis at a time.

Painting the resins. What's the best way to paint these guys? I have
a couple of hexagonal pieces from the 'firebase' I picked up a while
back (no assembly req'd :) and painted them...only to find the paint
is now flecking away.  :-(  (okay, so I didn't put a top coat on...)

Any/all (reasonable ;-) suggestions welcome.

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~indy/index.html

Prev: RE: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies) Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)