Prev: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt) Next: Re : Chits

Re: Re : Chits

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:48:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Re : Chits

At 05:34 19/06/97 cst, you wrote:
>     Being a veteran rifleman of the USMC I have to tell you the
difference
>     between Marines and other soldiers is that they are trained to
take
>     initiative, "common" grunt or not. This is also the case with
Royal
>     Marines. Any professional soldier will tell you they are trained
>     think AND obey lawful orders.

Yes as are special forces.

>     You have described poorly trained soldiers which only obey orders
and
>     do not think. These are the type of soldiers which are poorly
>     disciplined and lose battles because of their very lack of
initiative.
>     Even worse these poorly disciplined robots are notorious	for
>     perpetuating massacres, ala Malmadey (sp) My Lai etc.

Or as has even more often been the case, poorly lead good soildiers!!

						Semper Fi
>						   Jon	(E-5 USMC)

Please remember this was intended in the discussion of SG II where you
can
define the quality of troops (for balanced/biased/v.p.con's etc
senarios)
and not a broad brush anti mil. lefty/righty/uppy/downy political
swipe!!!!

After all Jon (E-5 {is that enlisted, five year service}?)
do you know how many points you cost (of feel you should cost)??
You,ve proved your initiative by joining the list!!

Hoooooo Raaaaarrr  etal

Jon (top cat)
Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt) Next: Re : Chits