Prev: RE: Re : Chits Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

Re: Re : Chits

From: "Jon Holloway" <jholloway@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 07:34:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Re : Chits

     Being a veteran rifleman of the USMC I have to tell you the
difference
     between Marines and other soldiers is that they are trained to take

     initiative, "common" grunt or not. This is also the case with Royal

     Marines. Any professional soldier will tell you they are trained to

     think AND obey lawful orders.

     You have described poorly trained soldiers which only obey orders
and
     do not think. These are the type of soldiers which are poorly
     disciplined and lose battles because of their very lack of
initiative.
     Even worse these poorly disciplined robots are notorious  for
     perpetuating massacres, ala Malmadey (sp) My Lai etc.

						Semper Fi
						  Jon  (E-5 USMC)

_________________________________
Subject: Re : Chits
Author:  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk at MEMCPSMTP
Date:	 6/19/97 5:21 AM

Soldiers  are _trained_ NOT to think and only obey orders . Initiative
is a
dangerous beast in the hand of the common grunt (No offence .mil boys!)
Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: RE: Re : Chits Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)