Prev: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt) Next: Re: B5Wars review..

Re: B5Wars review..

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 19:52:17 -0400
Subject: Re: B5Wars review..

Mike Wikan wrote:

> I got my copy of the game!

	Sigh, My local game store still doesn't have the miniatures much
less
the game.  Their distributor, Chessex, still hasn't got it listed in
their inventory.  The proprietor of the store thinks that the release of
the latest Magic supplement may have slowed things down.  Curses, foiled
by a 12 year old Magic munchkin. ('Cuse me mister, how much manna does
that miniature have?" as one kid once asked me during a Full Thrust
demo.)

> Here goes:
>
> Having played the playtest rules, i expected a monolithic turn
> interface- This is far from the case! They streamlined the HELL out
> of it and made the whole attack/defense interface Much, Much easier.
> This game is NOT Star Fleet Battles. It has that level of damage
> detail to the ships without all that extraneous impulse
> chart/drone/Positron flywheel/Scatter pack shuttle/Anti-drone defense
>  crap. I think game play is about twice as fast as the playtest
> version and the Vorchans are no longer Space Winnebagos. They are
> more like Space Honda Sport Coupes now.. I won't review the counters
> as i did them. Hardly sporting, you know. If anyone has seen them and
> wants to critique, feel free!

	That's great news.  Everyone I know has been blabbing on and on
about
how the game is going to suck and that AoG is only going to make money
on the miniatures.  I'll be starting Battlefleet Milwaukee (my B5 Wars
Playgroup) as soon as I get a copy and run through the rules.

> Things on wish list: Lack of shuttle templates. They asked for
> Shuttle counters- I painted them shuttle counters. They printed
> shuttle counters. No shuttle rules. (hmph)

	In the immortal words of Mick Jagger "You can't always get what
you
want...."

> Knowing what i know about upcoming product (I am involved with the
> upcoming Narn/ Centauri war supplement) I think that anyone
> interested in B5 will find it a pretty good game. i do not yet have
> any figures (i have a pre-release game copy) so i cannot comment on
> their quality. <rubbing of hands together> Now to plan that assault
> on Ragesh 3....

	Be sure to beat Mollari's wimpy nephew around a few times for
me.

Mark A. Siefert
Captain,
EAS Anshar
DEATH TO CLARKE!

Prev: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt) Next: Re: B5Wars review..