Prev: More Oceanic Union figures. Next: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

B5Wars review..

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:21:46 -0400
Subject: B5Wars review..

I got my copy of the game!
Here goes:

Having played the playtest rules, i expected a monolithic turn
interface- This is far from the case! They streamlined the HELL out
of it and made the whole attack/defense interface Much, Much easier.
This game is NOT Star Fleet Battles. It has that level of damage
detail to the ships without all that extraneous impulse
chart/drone/Positron flywheel/Scatter pack shuttle/Anti-drone defense
 crap. I think game play is about twice as fast as the playtest
version and the Vorchans are no longer Space Winnebagos. They are
more like Space Honda Sport Coupes now.. I won't review the counters
as i did them. Hardly sporting, you know. If anyone has seen them and
wants to critique, feel free!

Things on wish list: Lack of shuttle templates. They asked for
Shuttle counters- I painted them shuttle counters. They printed
shuttle counters. No shuttle rules. (hmph)

Knowing what i know about upcoming product (I am involved with the
upcoming Narn/ Centauri war supplement) I think that anyone
interested in B5 will find it a pretty good game. i do not yet have
any figures (i have a pre-release game copy) so i cannot comment on
their quality. <rubbing of hands together> Now to plan that assault
on Ragesh 3....
"The eyes of G'Quon burned with holy fire as the Shadow demons writhed
in rings of flame."

Warleader W'Kan
Narn Regime High Command

Prev: More Oceanic Union figures. Next: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)