Prev: Re: List of Spaceship Miniatures and Games Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 05:29:55 -0400
Subject: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

	A while back I sent in some mail on armour overrunning infantry
in
DS. In that I gave the example of Russian troops being trained to let
tanks
roll over them and them hit them with the anti tank grenades they get
issued
with from behind. I would have thought that the Egyptians were doing
something similar but then I was under the impression that only half the
Isreali infantry had Uzi's the rest using FNL rifles. And just to add to
your thoughts on infantry close assulting armour, Afghan Guerillas used
take out Russian tanks by smearing mud over the driver's vision ports
and
then shooting him when he opened up the clean them.
	Just an idea.

	Tony
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

At 09:20 AM 13-06-97 +0000, you wrote:
>Exactly!  According to an old friend of mine who was on a Mountain
>Infantry unit, part of his infantry training was on how to close
>assault tanks.  I believe the Egyptians did that in one of the
>Arab-Israeli wars (the Israelis had Uzi's vs. rifles in the Egyptian
>hands, so after killing a number of soldiers with their better range,
>the egyptians just assaulted the tanks with grenades and satchel
>charges...)  Mind you, I could be wrong (all this info comes second
>hand), but still, tanks *do* have blind spots...
>
>Anybody here ever read _The Art of Maneuver_?	I forget the name of
>the author.  If you have, you probably know where I'm coming from...
>
>Alfredo
>
>P.S. ->  I sat down to work on the stats for the
BattleTech/Robotech/Exo-