Prev: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt) Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

Re: Improvised Turn Guages.

From: "Chris McCurry" <CMCCURR@a...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 17:28:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Improvised Turn Guages.

> Bob Blanchett mentioned the problems with turn gauges recently, and
that
> made me think that someone might be interested in the type I use.
Basically

 Kyle Klingler wrote:
>I haven't tried this yet but an idea I had was to use a base with the
turn
>degrees marked on it (like the Geo-Hex bases) and use a thin string
(like
>dental floss) with the proper unit measure marked on it.  I've found
that
>rulers tend to get in the way when moving the figure while the string
may
>not.  The only problem I can see right now would be keeping the string
>straight at the figure's destination to maintain the correct facing.
>Let me know what you think or have experienced.

maybe if you used like a small nail at the other end to "pin point the
distance"  one the distance and angle were deturmined then you could
place a marker such as a dice or similar item to mark the point.  the
distance
does not have to be exact.  board games are usally played a
representational games any way.  ( I don't think a fraction of an inch
will
make a difference)

if the distances were marked on your string clearly then you should be
able to
tell where the figures are to be moved to.

CMC

Prev: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt) Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)