Prev: Dirtside questions/ideas... Next: Re: Web Page update

Re: Chits in FT/DS/SG

From: Ryan Montieth Gill <labrg@e...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:38:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Chits in FT/DS/SG

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Chris McCurry wrote:
> Ordering troops is a big part to warfare.  In real life do you see a
> General forget to give orders? No because they are trained. A General
who
> forgot to give orders would not be a General for very long.  In some
games

Ahh but what of the Fog of War. Urquart was a very good commander but
there was a several day delay in communicating with XXX corps which was
just 25 miles down a road. Communications break down, TOCs, have to
move...heck, and air burst of artillery fragments could have shredded
the
antenna on the platoon commander's tank. It does happen in real life.

In game terms forgetting to give a unit new orders or to move them can
be
a problem. Paying close attention helps, but in Epic the long turns
between one player and anothers move could be really tiresome. Getting
cought up in waiting for the close combat phase could force one to
forget
to move a unit...Doh. Dirtside is much more playable in that respect.
(not
to mention many others...)

- Ryan Montieth Gill  /|\   Scotland Forever  DoD# 0780/AMA/SOHC -
- _ryan.gill@turner.com or labrg@emory.edu_   '85 CB700S 'Mehev' -
- I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.   '72 CB750K 'The Barge' -
- www.mojoski.com/~rgill	     '76 MonteCarlo 'Bumblecrow' -
---		Senator Koella Should go to JAIL !!	       ---
--- Kill someone and leave the accident you should go to jail! ---

Prev: Dirtside questions/ideas... Next: Re: Web Page update