Prev: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation) Next: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 18:25:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Mike Miserendino wrote:

> area.  You have wall-to-wall firearms, related merchandise, and scary
> looking red necks with some extra cash to spend.  Here, you can find
> anything from handguns to assault rifles and books on how to make
explosives
> from items in your kitchen.

As typical for me when I open my mouth about my political leanings,
but ... it /doesn't/ scare you to see the people ostensibly 'in
Authority' who have control of M-16's, MLRS artillery, F-117 fighters
and literal armies of nicely brainwashed soldiers kept in check only
by the thought that imposing complete martial law might be opposed by
'scary looking rednecks with some extra cash to spend'?  It doesn't
frighten you to know that the criminal element doesn't buy guns
through the corner gun shop or gun show, he gets them through
street-contacts /and he gets a better price on them than you do/?  It
doesn't bother you to think that someone could waltz into your place
of business at any time, and put a bullet in the head of every person
they come across until the cops show, maybe up to an hour later?

Give me free concealed carry in every state and the social mandate
that you should own a gun and be trained to operate it responsibly,
anyday.

ObGZG: Starcraft.  Private ownership of.  Anyone playing a
semi-campeign in which private/corporate ownership of battlewaggons is
common?

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]