Prev: Fw: B5 RPG UK Edition Next: Re: Atlanta-based Game Stores, Etc.

Re: Full Thrust Format for Email games

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <JW4@b...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 05:37:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Format for Email games

At 08:45 PM 5/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>May I HIGHLY recommend Ada as a programming language, BTW?
Not on the full thrust list you can't no :).

Seriously, If people want to discuss the full thrust file format that's
fine, but I don't think discussions on the merits of various programming
languages are going to interest the majority of our members. And in any
case such discussions have a nasty habit of becoming advocacy flamewars,
which I WILL NOT stand for on this list.

It seems that from reading the discussion we actually need TWO formats -
standard way of recording ship designs and/or fleet members and another
describe the turn-by-turn action for PBM/PBEM games. I think trying to
do
both in the same file is an option - a ship design list would be a PBEM
file on turn one - but I think keeping them separate might make things a
bit simpler.

				TTFN
					Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Fw: B5 RPG UK Edition Next: Re: Atlanta-based Game Stores, Etc.