Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question Next: Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities

Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

From: What was the best thing before sliced bread? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:49:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

>as 40k or Warzone of Warhammer Fantasy is. If it were, the idea of
>switching sides would be anathema to the person who picked a force with
>a specific background. It's much like the Narns and Centauri players of
>FT in the Babylon background. A Narn player switch and play Centauri?
>Blasphemy. ...

Hey, btw, Mike, in my next PBeM game you're going to be commanding a
Centauri starhip...

[ducks and runs]

>There is too much GW bashing on this group. You don't like them fine.

True. While I'm not particularly fond of the game system or some of the
ideas, I do like some of the figs just fine.  :-)  (anyone notice how
some of the Cadian guard units could make fairly passable Centauri
grunts?
And some of the Eldar dudes work fine as Minbari warriors - they need
those
high helmets to fit o'er their boney heads!) I decided long ago to leave
it
each to his own and play what I want to play (FT, SFB, Magic, Ogre,
B'tech,
WarpWar, Starfire, Imperium, Harpoon, etc, etc, etc...)

Mk
-
"Yyyes ! Haha!! Tremble before the twin-headed, four-legged eleven foot
tall Engine of Justice that *is* Manuever 14B!"

Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question Next: Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities