Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question Next: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

From: Darryl Adams <root@v...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:58:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Neil wrote:

> Just a quick point here in general I think the idea of having anything
0
> point rated is a bad idea.  "I'll have 40,000 militia in battledress
armed
> with a heavy auto pistol.  How much?	Well nothing actually."
>
> Sorry to be a bit flippant but this whole subject of point values is a
bit
> of a dead end isn't it.  They are only of use in tornament games
surely.
> Half the fiun is pitting unbalenced forces against each other.  If one
side
> wins then trade armies and play it again.  See you even doubled your
fun.

No. Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, having 0 points for a figure can be a problem. I was working on the
assumption that a DSII militia stand for 4/5 people was 15pts, so for
SGII
it would be 3 points per figure.

Arming and outfitting the milita person would take a minimum of 2 points
(Partial light armour, and Assult Rifle) add 1 point each for an IAVR,
and
you have the basic fighting ability of a Milita in DSII.

If you want to have a million naked troopers on the table, becuase they
cost 0 points, I think even the pro-points players will tell the person
go jump (reminds me of the human armour trick in Car Wars..)

Again, I stress, only allow militia if the scenerio allows it.

The point system IS for convention play and a tool to allow new players
into the system. . If stable enough, and the interest is there, a SGII
compettion at SAGA 98 may be in the works
(depends on interest and if I want to do it :-)

------
Darryl Adams
dadams@tig.com.au

"The rich kid becomes a junkie,
The poor kid , advertising,
What a tragic waste of potential
Being a junkie is not great either"

TISM : "Greg the Stop Sign"

Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question Next: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)