Prev: Re: FT Armor Next: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 07:14:09 -0400
Subject: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question

A Question of the proposed FTF (Full Thrust Format)

There seem to be two goals one is to encapsulate system/ship design
information. The other is to hold game state. Are these two concepts
logically compatible in the same file format or should they be
separated.

i.e.
In a game report do I want to wade through lots of system specifications
should they even be in the same file?

In a ship design I don't need to know about game information.

If all records are optional then you have to know the purpose of the
report file (i.e. is it a game report or a design), if records aren't
optional then reports will be filled with unapplicable mandatory junk.

Sincerely
Tim Jones

Prev: Re: FT Armor Next: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder