Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...) Next: Re: "Me Too" firing

Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

From: Eric Fialkowski <ericski@m...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 01:36:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

>> Nooooo!!!!! Please keep it in Java so that Unix & OS/2 people can use
it

>If there is enough call, I will continue work on it also, but the
Windows
>Version is my priority now.  If there are enough Unix people out there,
>could always port it to X.

There is a graphics library for C++ called "Amulet".  It works under
Unix
(gcc) and Visual C++ (4.0+).  That is what I wanted to use for mine so I
could Linux-ize it.

>In the windows version, I'm going to add the ability to play PBEM games
>directly from the program, it will send the mail messages and receive
them
>from a POP3 mail server.  There will be a server side component to this
>that will work with the JAVA version, to make all dice rolls and damage
>allocation.

Sounds neat but I'm not into this aspect.  How about a seperate program
for
that?

>Please let the ideas flow, I'd like to hear more about any file
standards
>you want for Ship Diagrams, as I will support a Binary file storage and
>also a Text file for people just using the program to build ships and
>stations/bases.

I want one that will create a .gif or .bmp of the design.  It would also
be
nice if the file was stored in a text file that could be printed out and
be
readable.
   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...) Next: Re: "Me Too" firing