Prev: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing. Next: Re: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.

Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

From: Mauxdette@a...
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 21:10:19 -0400
Subject: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

Mark wrote:
<<
	While reading the posts regarding what some of us would like to
 see in the upcoming Third Edtion of FT, I remembered that there was one

 thing I wanted to see changed.  I have always liked the idea of
 simultaneouus fire rather than the current system.  The current system
 leads to"me too" firing which is rather annoying when you think about
 it.  IMHO all fire from offensive weapons must recorded and executed
 like movement orders.	It will make the players "think" rather than
 "react" and plan their tactics instead of just working along the lines
of
 "Oh, he shot at me, now I can shoot back!"
	Any comments.	>>
I began to play full thrust because of the simplicity and small amount
of
record keeping. If it is to be required to record firing orders you
should be
able to declare opportunity fire with a -1 penalty for a snap shot, to
duplicate a quick response to enemy fire.
Brian

Prev: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing. Next: Re: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.