Prev: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together. Next: Enfilade Fire

RE: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 22:32:05 -0400
Subject: RE: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.

IMHO the concerns about points systems should not be that great. Unless
one is involved in a tournament then the game should run along scenario
lines devised by a third party.

In reality any contact/firefight will never be "balanced". At the level
of SGII (Company/Squadron) the forces involved would never give a
definite outcome if facing off on equal sizes ie Coy vs Coy. Most likely
outcome is going to be both sides withdraw or a Pyhrric victory.

For an assault situation most modern armies operate on odds of (MINIMUM)
3 to 1. And if you are facing a dug in well sited defensive position you
better hope for plenty of armour or engineer and arty as well!!

For that matter about AFVs; I really think that SGII is not designed as
a tank vs tank game. MICVs and infantry with the occasional tank thrown
in to give the grunt a bad hair day!?