Prev: Testing..Testing.. Next: Re: Testing..Testing..

Errata, More Thrust, and related...

From: "Alfredo Lorente" <alfredo@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:46:53 -0400
Subject: Errata, More Thrust, and related...

De-Lurking (De-Cloaking?) here, briefly...

I picked up _Stargrunt_ a little while back, and have a question that
I figure has been asked before (BTW, is there a FAQ for the GZG games
out there?).  Can someone shed light on the Drones section of the
rules!?!?  For example,

Spotting:  Do drones roll Unit Quality plus Sensor Quality die, vs d4
shifted up per 12" range to drone and cover bonuses?  (the term
"System level" wasn't defined earlier but I figure it stands for
SENSOR, or SENSOR TYPES TABLE...)

Recalling a drone:  I assume the Drone has to move back to the
location where the Infantry team is.  On the other hand, could the
drone land, say 6" away from its operating infantry team, and in a
following turn be picked up by the operators?

Shooting Drones down:  Is the phrase "the drone's system die roll"
meant to imply that the roll is against the electronics?!  It isn't
very clear - my assumption is that the die rolls are opposing
Quality die rolls - Firing unit Quality versus operators Quality
die.

I haven't been able to find a copy of More Thrust, and I want to know
which are the new weapons available in the supplement - Missiles and
what else.  I'd like to prepare a game for a Gaming Con (Working
title: "Damn the Torpedos, Full Thrust Ahead!" ;-) but I would like
to use a different background and build my own ships.  I'd rather not
do the same work twice...

Related to _More Thrust_, does _MT_ cover the creation of Dropships
for _Dirtside II_?  The info on Dropships in _Stargrunt_ is kinda
thin...  (BTW, are the "Walkers" from _SG_ AT-AT's from _Star Wars_
or _BattleTech_ robots?  Are there rules to build _BT_ robots in _DS
II_?  Are there any home rules for such? - Yeah, I know _BT_ robots
are very impractical - I still find them reall cool....)

Enough rambling.  Any help will be appreciated....

Alfredo Lorente
Alfredo Lorente
alfredo@bitstream.net

Prev: Testing..Testing.. Next: Re: Testing..Testing..