Prev: RE: DSII modular production Next: Re: DSII modular production

Re: DSII modular production

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 15:37:48 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII modular production

>>There is NOTHING that a pin vice & glue won't get around... :)
>>All the DSM turrets have (approximately) the same size "pins" - small
ones;
>>the only times you'll have trouble is some of the FW hulls that have
HUGE
>>turret holes - you'll need to stuff the hole with milliput.
>
>Let me restate my reasoning. I don't glue on turrets. I would like to
>create a battle group to meet the needs of the pick up game or
scenario.
>If the scenario calls for 4 groups of light GEV's with DFFC's to go up
>against 1 group of heavy wheeled AFC's with MDC's, I don't want to say
>"OK everyone, these GEV with the missile turrets acutally have HEL's".
>would love to have 5 size GEV's, 5 turrets with light HEL's, 5 turrets
>with MDC's, 5 turrets with RFAC's, etc. and choose which vehicles to
>make. But to do this, all turrets and bodies would have to have the
same
>size pin and hole.

With the DSM stuff, this won't be a problem - though the turrets for
some
of the MICVs etc. are quite small (OK, very small) and may get fiddly of
left loose - but the pins are a fairly tight fit in the holes. The
variation in the FW range is something we've "inherited" from CMD when
we
bought the range, and our re-vamp of it (for the UK) this summer is
partly
aimed at cutting some of the multiple redundancy (ie: over-used
mix'n'match
bits) out of the range.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: RE: DSII modular production Next: Re: DSII modular production