Prev: RE: DSII modular production Next: Re: Senors, ECM, FT and the way of all things.

Re: DSII modular production

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 01:23:56 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII modular production

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> We (at GZG) use a mix called CT1/C90, which (while still high-tin) has
> bit of lead which improves things a bit.

Yeah, it's better. But good old tin/lead 40/60 (or was it 60/40?)
is still considerably more workable. I find I have to use my minidrill
for removing the mold lines from your minis when I usually get by with
just my scalpel.

But the small fiddly bits, antennas, weapon barrels etc. *are* more
durable. So I guess it has its advantages.

> GeoHex can't do this, because the
> good ol' US of A has decided they don't like anything with lead in it,
> except bullets of course... ;)

Talk about overrated hysteria... It's not even a law.

Hmmm... isn't CinC American? How come they still do lead? Or do they
have
separate castings for export?

As for not glueing the turrets... I can see why one'd want to do that,
but
I know I'd just end up losing turrets, knocking them off during play
etc.
So I'd just buy enough parts for full combinations.

All my minis don't fit on my table at the same time anyway.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: RE: DSII modular production Next: Re: Senors, ECM, FT and the way of all things.