Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: RE: FT + Traveller

Re: Weapon Variants for SGII

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 07:51:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Weapon Variants for SGII

On Mon, 19 May 1997, Brendan Pratt wrote:

> I disagree with the danger element - most scifi flamers would use a
> binary fuel that was only dangerous after mixing

So what happens when the tanks are ruptured in a <insert mega-death
weapon here> blast?

> than a 20th century firearm,

Modern rounds DO cook off occasionally. It's just that they're not very
dangerous without a barrel and bolt. But HE rounds are dangerous because

their lethality is due to the explosive, not their kinetic energy.

Likewise, flamer fuel could fo up in a fireball if the system is damaged

in combat.

The chance exists. Whether it's small enough to ignore is a matter of
personal preference.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: RE: FT + Traveller