Prev: Re: Under Fire-DS2 Next: Re: Under Fire DS2

Re: Under Fire DS2

From: "You're an annoying bunch...but you're cute." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 14:30:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Under Fire DS2

(paul says: )

>Note, I wasn't saying the units would have to charge straight ahead. I
just
>said they would need to move at top speed. Of course depending on the
>terrain, enemy dispositions, etc. this COULD be the suicide charge you
>mention. Again, having not played with it, I think the number of times
this
>would happen would be no more than the number of times it doesn't and
my
>rule change adds a nice bit of flavor. Of course its all IMHO and the
whole
>idea could just me silly <g>.

What about doing this: if a tank platoon comes under fire, you could
roll a
die. On a 1-2 it sits, 3-4 it retreats max, 5-6 runs forward (OR in the
direction of easiest terrain to traverse) at max.

Alternatively, and I like this a bit better, when combined with Paul's
earlier
msg attributing armor unit reactions to being under fire dependent on
troop
quality: if an armor troop comes under fire, and it's reaction says
MOVEITNOWDAMMIT!, pull out your trusty Course/Heading Circle from Full
Thrust!
Roll a die (d12 in this case) and head that direction, max speed. (would
elite units move half move enabling them to return fire maybe??). That
way
you don't have to *choose* to retreet, aren't necessarily *forced* to
retreat
as above. Now there is a random direction you may go in.

Well, just rambling thoughts from a non-military guy. I'll go back to
work
now...

Mk
-
"Ya know...this was supposed to be my weekend off. But nooo-o-o-ooo. You
got me draggin' yo' heavy ass...through the burnin' desert, wich yer
dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down
here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad...AND WHAT THE HELL IS
THAT
SMELL?!? RAAAR!!! I coulda been in a barbecue!! But I ain't mad...is
alright.
It's alllright..."

Prev: Re: Under Fire-DS2 Next: Re: Under Fire DS2