Prev: Starfire/FT Next: Re: Cool FT Book

Re: Under Fire-DS2

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:58:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Under Fire-DS2

> Sound like a reasonable idea to me - could give some interesting
results :)

> Looking forward to others' opinions on this....

I'm not sure it really works; the PBI would /like/ to move fast out of
there if their officers could get them to obey orders, its that
reluctance to move that is modeled with the rules as stands.  When
morale falters, they don't do the intelligent thing (which would be to
hightail it out of there).

If you /really/ want armour to move as a first resort, it should
probably be worded as `armour UNDER FIRE move at top speed towards the
nearest cover, there to dig in and not move until the UNDER FIRE
marker is removed.'  Frankly, I'm not keen on that rule changing; I
see armour under fire going into `in place' positions (behind
hillocks, in a fold of the ground) that doesn't rate showing on the
board when they 'freeze.'

Prev: Starfire/FT Next: Re: Cool FT Book