Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: GF figures - Reply

Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 08:48:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

In message <199705061546.LAA05228@sparczilla.East.Sun.COM> Joachim
wrote:

>   Here's an example.	I want to accelerate to speed 1000" so I can
> deliver a completely devastating sandcaster attack on the local enemy
> base station.  I have a bunch of ships with thrust 8.  It's going to
> take me 125 turns to get up to speed.  That's a long time - where is
> the fleet assigned to defend the station during this time?  They're
> out there kicking my ass is where they are!  The fleet vs base
> scenario is just not plausible, as scenarios go.

That's only true if you don't have cloaking. If you do, then you
cloak the ships. The defenders don't know they're being attacked
until the space station goes boom.

You might be able to detect the enemy coming out of hyperspace
(depending on campaign), which might give you a chance to set
up your own sound clouds to hit incoming cloaked ships, but the
attacker still has a big advantage.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: GF figures - Reply