Prev: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal Next: Re: Armour

Re: Base Destruction

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 05:03:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Base Destruction

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Jon Holloway wrote:

>      I have not seen many "real" naval bases that did not have air
stations
>      and warship support.

And I have not seen many that come without AA guns/missiles, shore
batteries etc.

If the battle never gets that close, why do they bother?

It's not about being able to put up a mobile defense or not. It's about
whether the game is over after the mobile defense is dealt with or not.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal Next: Re: Armour